Napa Women In Successful EnterpriseS
NapaWISE empowers and supports women small business owners (up to 50 employees). The group meets online EVERY MONTH to work on business topics including marketing strategy, goal setting, finance, time management, customer loyalty, and more..
Every third Tuesday, Noon – 1:30pm
What is a WISE group?
It’s a group of women who meet online EVERY MONTH to work on their business. Each meeting has a Leader/Facilitator who helps plan meeting activities. The group’s success comes from member participation — so showing up monthly is ESSENTIAL!
This is not merely a ‘networking group’ — it is not about selling what you do, but improving your business. We use a ’roundtable style’ so we have time to discuss your unique business issues.
What do we do each month?
Work on business success! Each meeting includes:
- Connecting with a group of like-minded business women in your county.
- Group discussion time to share and explore the monthly topic as it relates to your business, including discussing your business concerns
- Goal setting and making time to work on your business, not just in your business.
- We’ll cover topics of all kinds: marketing strategy, goal setting, financial improvements, using your time wisely, improving your website, building customer loyalty — and much more. Sometimes we even have a local successful business woman share her insights.
- Every odd month (Jan, Mar, May, July, Sept and Nov) we have an expert guest speaker and Q&A to help you keep learning something new and important for your business.
- Every even month (Feb, April, June, Aug, Oct and Dec), a member shares a SWOT analysis of their business. This gives the opportunity for each member to review their business strategically and get input from the others.
Am I Eligible to Join?
NapaWISE is for women who currently own small businesses of up to 50 employees in Napa County (this is not a group for businesses planning to start, but for women-owned businesses in existence). Businesses may be of any kind, but must be based in Napa County.
Spaces are limited. By joining the group, you are expected to show up monthly and participate, including providing input and encouragement to others in the group.
When, where, and how long do we meet?
NapaWISE meets monthly online via Zoom. The meeting is every third Tuesday at Noon.
We meet for 1.5 hours, with an extra half hour for discussion for anyone who wants to ‘stay behind’ and follow-up with specific questions or concerns.
What’s the Cost?
There is no membership fee and participation is at no charge for 2023, thanks to funding support by the Solano-Napa Small Business Development Center (SBDC).
However, you must apply to be accepted. Spaces are limited. See above for the eligibility criteria of the group.
Who Are We?
NapaWISE was created and is hosted by Cathy Balach. Cathy is the owner of her own online marketing consulting firm and Lead Business Advisor for the Solano-Napa Small Business Development Center (SBDC).
Cathy is joined by co-host Colby Smith, founder of CANVAS – the Concierge Alliance of Napa Valley and Sonoma. Colby is passionate about supporting and cultivating outstanding service for all hospitality professionals in California’s Wine Country. In addition to her concierge work, Colby has owned a PR firm in New York, has been a film and commercial producer, an actress, model, and stunt woman.
Questions? Call us at (707) 646-1071
The NapaWISE group is managed on Meetup to allow members to participate in ongoing discussions between our regular meetings. All meetings are held online using Zoom so members can more easily participate – no additional travel time required!
Group participation requires a Meetup account to receive notifications about upcoming meetings and to engage in group discussion between scheduled meetings. We meet via Zoom and you do not need a Zoom account, but should have a camera-enabled device to allow for full participation. Refer to the Zoom requirements page for assistance.