Napa Microbusiness COVID-19 Relief Grant
Application Window Re-Opens for Second Round
APPLICATIONS CLOSED DECEMBER 1, 2022
To support small businesses and employers facing financial impacts and layoffs from the COVID-19 pandemic, the County of Napa, in partnership with the Solano-Napa Small Business Development Center, has established the Napa Microbusiness COVID-19 Relief Grant initiative.
This program will provide micro-grants to small businesses experiencing economic stresses through funding from the California Microbusiness COVID-19 Relief Grant Program.
Napa County’s $173,400 funding from the California Microbusiness COVID-19 Relief Grant Program will allow the Solano-Napa Small Business Development Center, on behalf of the County of Napa, to award approximately 56 business owners each with $2,500 microgrants.
Grants will be awarded based on eligibility guidelines established by the State of California.
For-profit microbusinesses are eligible for this grant if the business:
- Is based in Napa County
- Began operation prior to Dec. 31, 2019
- Is currently active and operating or has a clear plan to reopen when the state permits reopening of the business
- Was significantly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic
- Had less than $50,000 in gross revenues in the 2019 taxable year
- Has five or fewer full-time equivalent employees
- Had five or fewer full-time equivalent employees in both the 2019 and 2020 taxable years
- Can provide acceptable form of government-issued photo ID (state, domestic, or foreign) and documentation that includes the owner’s name per grant program guidelines
- Owner must be the majority-owner and manager of the qualified microbusiness and this business must have been the owner’s primary means of income in the 2019 taxable year
- Was not specifically ‘excluded’ from participation in the California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program
- Did not receive a grant under the California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program (administered by Lendistry)
A second application window in Napa County is open from Oct. 21 to 5 pm on Dec. 1. Online applications are available in English, Spanish and Tagalog and can be accessed at solanonapasbdc.org.
Grants will be awarded based on eligibility. If necessary, a randomized lottery will be conducted to select the 56 eligible small businesses that will receive grant funding.
All grant recipients must self-certify that grant funds will be used for one or more of the following permissible activities:
- The purchase of new certified equipment;
- Investment in working capital;
- Application for, or renewal of, a local permit including, but not limited to, a permit to operate as a sidewalk vendor;
- Payment of business debt accrued due to the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Costs resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic and related health and safety restrictions, or business interruptions or closures incurred as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic
Due to federal funding, selected employers must attest to Certifications and Assurances and complete the contract process before funds may be dispersed. Entities receiving an award may be subject to local or state monitoring.
QUESTIONS? FOR MORE INFORMATION:
In English: Contact Brianna Boyd, Marketing Specialist for the Solano-Napa SBDC, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 707-646-1071
In Spanish: Contact Bernie Narvaez, Napa Hispanic Chamber of Commerce President, at email@example.com or 707-927-3204 ext. 1003.